The Air Care Alliance is devoted to fostering, enhancing, and promoting public benefit flying. We welcome those who support our mission and principles to join us!
Members of ACA work collaboratively to improve their missions of service to the public and to enhance access to aviation transportation for those in need. We welcome charitable aviation organizations, pilots, supportive individuals, companies, and other organizations.
Ways to Join ACA
Pilots can help us develop joint consensus and bring it to the attention of large aviation associations, government agencies, our elected officials, and the general public. Register with us to stay up-to-date on issues that affect our industry.
Pilot registration also comes with an optional CMF call sign for use on qualifying public benefit flights. These call signs may only be used by verified pilots of authorized groups. Read more about CMF here.
There is no charge for pilots to register or to receive a call sign, but voluntary contributions in support of ACA's work and the administration of the call signs are appreciated.
Note: If you are looking for opportunities to fly, please click here to find a group in your area that's right for you.
- Voting Membership - Voting members must be independently administered valid nonprofit public benefit organizations (or those with an application pending for such status). Annual Dues Contribution: $100
- Complimentary Listing - We strongly encourage groups to become Voting Members and work with us to improve the work of all public benefit flying organizations and their volunteers; however, Voting Membership is not required to be listed in the ACA directory or receive referrals.
To be eligible as a Member of the Air Care Alliance; listed on our website; or eligible for COMPASSION call sign use, an organization must:
- Be an independently administered valid 501(c)(3) nonprofit public benefit organization or have an application pending for such status;
- Operate in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations related to the conduct of nonprofit charitable organizations and;
- Operate in compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and Federal Aviation Regulations as they relate to fuel expense reimbursement and payment of pilot expenses and, if applicable, operation of aircraft by the organization. Read more here.
- If an organization reimburses pilots for costs incurred while carrying out their mission (including fuel, rental fees, or general maintenance), a copy of the organization’s FAA Exemption permitting reimbursements and/or 135 certificate must be provided to ACA.
- If an organization owns and/or operates an aircraft for purposes related to carrying out the organization’s mission, a copy of the organization’s 135 certificate, FAA exemption, or letter of authorization, must be provided to ACA.
Additionally, in order to be eligible for a Voting Membership, an organization must:
- Make an annual dues contribution of $100 in a timely manner at membership registration or membership renewal
- Demonstrate a commitment to providing a high standard of service to passengers and the public. This includes maintaining a working telephone, website, or other means of communication; and issuing timely and appropriate responses to any referrals sent to the organization by ACA;
- Demonstrate a commitment to working collaboratively with other groups and refrain from engaging in adversarial activities
If your organization is interested in becoming a member of the Air Care Alliance or would like a complimentary listing in our directory, please contact Kristinia Luke at firstname.lastname@example.org