April 22nd: 2:00PM ET
Pilot Recruitment, Retention, & Recognition
Without dedicated volunteer pilots, ACA member groups would not be able to carry out their missions. But how do we attract, retain, and engage volunteers?
Presented by: Jen Hotsko, AOPA Exhibits Manager & Former VPO Pilot Manager
View Recording Below:
Disaster Preparedness Panel: How to Work With State & Federal Agencies More Effectively
How can your volunteer pilot organization become a better resource in times of need? Learn about the inner-workings of government responses to natural and national disasters; hear some successful collaborative models; and gain tips for building partnerships.
Panel discussion with:
- Lindy Kirkland, Virginia Volunteer Pilots Group Chairman
- Pat Cox, Coordinator of Training & Exercises, Virginia Department of Emergency Management
- Scott Denny, Senior Aviation Planner, Virginia Department of Aviation
- Ron Lovick, Government Liaison for the California Disaster Airlift Response Teams (CalDART)
Moderated by: Rol Murrow, President of the Emergency Volunteer Air Corps (EVAC) & ACA Co-Founder & Chairman Emeritus
April 28th: 7:00PM ET
Air Care Alliance Virtual Town Hall
Join us as we discuss some of the hot topics among volunteer pilots and answer your questions.
- VPO Flight or Illegal 135? – What Do the Regs Say & Why it Matters
- Presented by: Rick Durden, Esq., Aviation Attorney & Chair of ACA Industry Relations Committee
- Your Call Sign Questions Answered
- Presented by: Rol Murrow, ACA Co-Founder and Chairman Emeritus
- Volunteer Pilots and Vaccine Distribution – What we can learn from CAP
- Presented by: Brig. Gen. Edward Phelka, National Vice Commander of Civil Air Patrol