If you’d like to exchange your current call sign number for one that’s more meaningful to you, now is your chance!
From September 17th through September 24, 2021, you have the opportunity to upgrade the call sign number that was originally assigned to you for one of your choosing (availability permitting). This one-time event is a fundraiser for the Air Care Alliance which supports our mission of promoting, supporting, and representing public benefit flying.
Here’s how it works:
Use this form to indicate which call sign you would like and how much you are willing to contribute for it. The form will close on September 24th at 9PM ET.
At the end of the fundraiser, all requests will be reviewed and the highest bidder for each call sign number will prevail.
- This a “pay-what-you-wish” fundraiser, though we suggest a minimum bid of $100.
- Only unassigned call sign numbers will be available. Primarily, those are numbers:
- Below 1000 (including numbers beginning with 0 or 00. For example 01, 001).
- and numbers between approximately 2360 through 9999.
- Numbers between 1000 and 2360 are likely already assigned, but *may* become available through the exchange process.
- No alphabetic characters are permitted. Numbers only from one to four digits.
- If more than one pilot desires the same number, the highest bid prevails.
- If more than one pilot bids the same amount on the same number, pilots will be given one opportunity to outbid the other bidders. Otherwise, the earliest bid prevails as indicated by the timestamp on the response form.
- At the close of the fundraiser, winners will be notified and make their contributions through a special online form.
- Upon making the contribution, the originally assigned call sign will be forfeited and the new call sign will be assigned.
All proceeds benefit the Air Care Alliance so bid generously!
Contributions help support our operations, including:
- Continued maintenance of the call sign system
- Connecting passengers and pilots with VPOs through our referral system
- Providing a forum for communication and collaboration such as at our annual conference
- Sharing information, resources, and best practices
- Advocating for issues affecting our sector and representing public benefit flying on a national level
- Educating the public and promoting societal interest and awareness of public benefit flying as a whole